Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Howard Schatz

As a subscriber to American Photography, I read an article from last month's issue on photographer Howard Schatz.  His underwater work amazed me.  I did not even have the notion in my mind that it was possible to create the photos that he did.  The ones in American Photo were color photographs of dancer models with warm, yet vibrantly colored flowing clothing.  They posed underwater, or partially above.  Yesterday, while working in the dark room, I was flipping through a Black and White Magazine and noticed some similar black and white underwater pictures.  Low and behold, they were by Howard Schatz!  I would love to learn more about this technique and the unique way that water plays with light.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sonia said...

Can you post one?

February 6, 2008 at 1:46 PM  
Blogger Hilary said...

Hmmm...I can look for one online!

February 19, 2008 at 11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home